The Serpent and the Jaguar: Living in Sacred Time
THE QUINTESSENTIAL GUIDE TO THE TZOLKIN
Everything we do and the way we think is based on a linear conception of time. Our very ideas of life, success, and happiness are tied to a non-cyclical, non-organic paradigm that often works against our own nature and potential. The Maya live in a different world—close to nature, close to their children and their elders, and close to time: the sacred and the secular. It may seem we could not be further removed from the Mayan way of life, but there is a road built centuries ago we can still access. It’s called the Tzolk’in, the sacred ritual calendar the Maya have used since ancient times to guide their personal and spiritual paths.
For the first time, The Serpent and the Jaguar brings you all 260 days of the Tzolk'in calendar, interpreted in the context of modern life and modern challenges. This book will help you redefine your relationship with sacred, cyclical time in the face of our demanding, stressful schedules operating on linear time.
Included in the book:
• The full set of the 260 Energies of the Day of the Tzolk'in
• Detailed descriptions of the 20 trecenas and their ruling day signs
• Detailed descriptions of the 13 numbers
• Introductory sections on the Mayan Calendar, the day signs, trecenas, and the numbers
• A guide to living with sacred time
• Original illustrations of the Maya day signs by New Zealand painter and artist Maree Gifkins (along with the traditional depiction of the day signs and numbers)
GET THIS TITLE ON OTHER PLATFORMS
If you prefer, you can get the eBook version for your Kindle/Kindle Fire, iPad, Nook/Nook Color, or Kobo Reader (coming soon). You can also buy the print version on other platforms -- as much as we prefer your direct support, we understand you have a choice, and we're happy to help you make it.
Please allow 1–2 weeks for delivery within the US, up to 3 weeks for international shipments, depending on the location.